|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the The Lion King Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors).|
White-backed vultures are scavengers that feed off of large animal carcasses in Africa. They have excellent eyesight and use their large wings to soar and circle for long periods of time. These vultures breed at the start of the dry season. Both parents feed the chicks. The species is suffering due to habitat loss, poisoning, and more.
The vultures seen in The Lion King franchise are most likely white-backed vulture (scientific name Gyps africanus) as those species of Old World vultures have a white neck ruff seen in The Lion King franchise.
If they are the correct species, white-backed vultures have short feathers on the head and neck, very broad wings and short tail feathers, along with a white neck ruff. The adult's whitish back contrasts with the otherwise dark plumage while juvenile vultures are largely dark. This is a medium-sized vulture; its body mass is 4.2 to 7.2 kilograms (9.3–16 lb), it is 94 cm (37 in) long and has a 218 cm (86 in) wingspan.
Appearances in Fanfictions
Here are all the fanfictions that this animal makes an appearance in that are on this wiki. If your fanfiction includes vultures, add it to this list.
- The Lion Guard: Protecting A Nephew
- The Lion Guard: Defeating Mzingo
- The Lion Guard: Defending Tiifu
- The Lion Guard: Defending Ameba
- The Lion Guard: Helping Furaha
- The Lion Guard: Protecting Mzaha
- The Lion Guard: Eyes In The Sky
- The Lion Guard: Helping Shingo
- The Dark Roar Rises
- The Dark Roar Returns
- Return To Pride Rock
- The Lion Guard: Rescuing Kiara
- Lion King, The Jungle Book and Tarzan: A Crossover Battle
- The Story of The Lion Guard
Vultures on the Wiki
All vultures on the wiki can be found here.
The Lion King Fanon Wiki has a collection of images and media related to Vulture.