- They also receive and interpret omens and prophecies from The Great Kings,
- They are highly respected and admired by the Pridelanders and the inhabitants of the Pridelands.
Some of a shamans tasks are:
- Knowing all of the herbs and keeping a supply of them in their home.
- Treating wounded and sick animals.
- Interpreting prophecies and omens.
- Bearing the knowledge of basic battle training in case they need them.
- Providing the monarchy with guidance and advice.
- Speaking with the Great Kings.
- Rubbing certain herbs on an animals body when they have passed away to disguise the scent of death.
- Training an apprentice.
- Visiting the Moonpool.
- Presiding over Kupatana.
- Nita shows considerable skill for organizing and sorting herbs.
- Rafiki collects herbs every afternoon.
- Shamans and their apprentices cannot eat when going to the Moonpool to speak with the Great Kings.
- Shamans are not allowed to take mates, in order to be fully dedicated to their duties,