This is a collection of terms used by the Pridelanders, and occasionally by other inhabitants of the Pridelands.
- Fresh-kill: A recently killed animal caught for the purpose of consumption.
- Making dirt: Defecating.
- Sharing tongues: Pridelanders grooming each other while sharing the latest gossip.
- Hunting Party: A group of lions hunting for fresh-kill to bring back for the pride to eat. May fight if there are trespassers.
- Patrol: A group monitoring a specific area or to carry out a specific task.
- Scent Markings: Markings made to show where a territory lies.
- Border: Boundaries separating territory.
- Grandniece: Cousin of your grandchildren, Daughter's niece. This term applies to Vitani's daughters and Kiara's nieces, Nita and Marigold.
- Granduncle and Grandaunt: Parents of your aunt, Grandparents of your cousins. Referred to as Nana and Papa, this term applies to Kiara's parents, Simba and Nala.
- Queen Dowager: Title given to the widow of a king. The current Queen Dowager is Simba's mother, Sarabi.
- Matriarch Dowager: Title given to the widow of a leader. Shenzi is the current Matriarch Dowager of Janja's Clan.
- Abdication: is the act of formally relinquishing monarchical authority. Shortly after his birth, Simba's grandfather, Ahadi abdicated for his sake.
- Moonpool: A sacred place where Shamans and their apprentices share tongues with the Great Kings.
- Rogue: A usually hostile animal who doesn't care about crossing boundaries.
- Caught-prey: Another term for fresh-kill.
- Majordomo: The formal title given to the chief confident and advisor to a monarch.
- Fresh-kill pile: The place where the prey is stored.
- Crowfood: A dead animal that has begun to rot, can also be used as an insult.
- Abolishment: The ending of the observance or effect of a law.
- Heartbeat: A split second.
- Sunhigh: The point during the day when the sun is highest in the sky.
- Moonhigh: When the moon is the highest in the sky; about midnight.
- Moonrise: The time when the moon rises.
- Sundown: Dusk.
- Sunup: Dawn.
- Newleaf: The season of spring.
- Greenleaf: The season of summer. Also known as the Rainy Season.
- Leaf-fall: The season of autumn.. Also known as the Dry Season.
Exclamations and Phrases
- Crowfood: A (harsh) insult comparing the recipient to rotting animals.
- Cleanpaw: An (scornful) insult used for someone who sticks to the rules closely.
- Furball: A (friendly, yet harsh) insult. Severity of the insult is almost always decided by tone.
- May the Sun warm your back and the fish leap into your paws: A blessing used to wish good dreams.
- Mouse-brain: A (friendly yet harsh) insult. Severity of the insult is almost always decided by tone.
- Who made dirt in his/her fresh kill/nest?: An expression used to describe a cranky lion.
- As easy as swallowing a minnow: A phrase used to indicate easiness of the task.
- As much use as a dead hyena: A (harsh) insult, meaning the recipient is useless.
- Doesn't matter a whisker: An exclamation meaning the lion does not care.
- It's better to scare away a mouse than welcome a hyena: An old saying that means it's better to scare away a friendly lion than welcome a not-so-friendly lion.
- May the Great Kings light your path: A friendly term used to tell others they wish them well.
- Thistles and thorns: Used to describe bad luck.
- When hyraxes fly: A statement that shows disbelief that a certain event will likely occur.
- Pain in the tail: An insult meaning a lion is irritating or lazy.
- You're madder than a hyena in a fit!: An phrase used when an animal is acting oddly.
- Great Kings!: An exclamation used to signify extreme surprise or anger.
- Sorry catches no prey: Means one can be sorry, but that will not change the past.
- Who ruffled their fur?: Another expression used to describe a cranky lion.
- Drypaw: An animal that dislikes getting wet.
- You hunt like a hyena!: An expression used to insult an animal who hunts poorly.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.