Mandrills are creatures that appear in The Lion King universe.
In the Real World
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the The Lion King Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors).|
Mandrills are easily recognized by their olive-colored fur and colorful faces and rumps (though females have duller colors). They are mainly found in tropical rain forests and occasionally woodlands. They are omnivores, but prefer plants over meat since it is easier to access.
Like lions, mandrills are social creatures and live in large groups (one is recorded to have had over one-thousand individuals). These groups are called "hordes" and are led by one dominant male. Their mating season takes place from June to October. They breed every two years.
Mandrills mostly eat invertebrates, such as ants, beetles, termites, crickets, spiders, snails, and scorpions. They will also eat eggs, and occasionally vertebrates, such as birds, tortoises, frogs, porcupines, rats, and shrews.
Appearances in Fanfiction
A list of fanfictions in which mandrills appear that are on this wiki. If your fanfiction includes mandrills, add it to this list.
- The Lion Guard: Rafiki's Promise
- The Lion Guard: Simba's Decision
- The Lion Guard: A Promising Friendship
- The Lion Guard: Meeting Mufasa
- The Lion Guard: Meeting Ahadi and Uru
- The Lion Guard: Wisdom Of The Ancestors
- The Lion Guard: Meeting Midnight
- The Lion Guard: Eyes In The Sky
- The Lion Guard: A Sibling For Nita
- The Lion Guard: A Celebration to Remember
- The Lion Guard: Defeating Makuu
- The Lion Guard: Defending The Pridelands
- The Lion Guard: Another Kupatana Celebration
- The Lion Guard: Offering Comfort
- The Lion Guard: Rafiki's Affection
- The Lion Guard: Rafiki's Love
- The Dark Roar Returns
- The Dark Roar Rises